we judge. everyone judges. and it's harmful and hurtful.
judgements are everywhere, but i'm specifically referring to how people have/raise their children. natural birth/c-section/epidural, etc. Breastfeeding/formula feeding. Feeding on demand/parent directed feeding...and the list goes on.
I can honestly say I did not have any pre-conceived judgements about any of the above. Partly because I didn't think about it much before hand, but mainly because my mom has taken care of babies (waiting to be adopted) since I was a senior in high school. I saw a lot through that. And the biggest thing that I learned? Just take care of the baby and give him love. Meet his needs in any way that you can. Feed him, clothe him, keep him clean, and love him. That is it. That is all he needs at the end of the day- however these needs are met, it's OK.
There are so many judgements about all this birthing/mothering, and no one knows the story of each individual child or mother. Yet, we feel the need to share our opinions all over the place.
I guess what I want to say is- if you are loving and caring for your baby in the best way you can. Thank you. Good Job. You ARE a GREAT Mom (or Dad :) ).
That's a really nice way to put it. There are way too many judgments out there. And you are a GREAT mom too!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!! :)
ReplyDeletethis is a good post :)
ReplyDelete