Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy? Halloween


Ben's first halloween! For the most part, it wasn't too much of a success. I don't think he really liked his costume. The first time I put him in it for pictures, he just kind of sat there, as did his BFF Will...


that was right after Ben's nap and right before Will's... so maybe not the best timing ever.

Then, the next day we attempted Trunk or Treat at church... preeeeeeetty much a disaster. For one, it was inside which made it loud and super crowded. Ben, we have learned, does NOT like crowds, children, crying, parties, music... etc. (He IS his father's child)...
so Ben and his dad bonded over the fact that this is just not their favorite type of event...
i did the usual "come on this is fun" to Ben that i usually do to Joey too...
let me just give you a little proof of the disaster that it was...
awwwwwww

This morning i did take a couple pictures in his "my first halloween" outfit/sleeper. Even though it's sized 6 months it has been too small for a week or so, but that didn't stop the pictures!
I also LOVE this sequence of Ben's facial expressions...



and that is about the entirety of his halloween. as i said - pretty much a disaster. even halloween night he had a REALLY hard time falling asleep/settling down, so i ended up rocking him to sleep. which i never have to do- BUT i loved it. well, once he settled down and fell asleep on my chest making cute little noises....

so all in all? halloween fail. maybe next year will be better :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Cutest Halloween baby ever!!!
    I'm so glad I found your blog, too...I had been reading for a while but I was too shy to say hi :) Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete