this is the first appointment where Ben had to get shots that I didn't cry! I know, big steps. Ben did well too :) He cried, of course. I mean he's sitting there minding his own business and gets 2 stabs in his legs. But once I picked him up, he stopped almost immediately (oh he loves me!)
his measurements also looked good. He's pretty much remained the same weight percentile wise, but he did shoot up in the height percentile. and thankfully, his head is slower and steady now - although of course, still very large.
6 Month Stats
Weight: 18 pounds 1 ounce (60th percentile)
Height: 28 inches (92nd percentile!!)
Head: 18.25 inches (98th percentile)
this appointment was a bit stressful though because i got there early but the doctor was late. Ben was supposed to eat 30 min after the appointment time, but because of all the delays it ended up being a little over an hour long appointment. So Ben downed his bottle and then fell asleep in the car. Although we moved, we still go to his original pediatricians office because I like them a lot. I do miss it being 5 min away from my house. So because Ben fell asleep in the car I just drove around until he woke up again. I figured he would wake up at his 45 min mark so near that point I parked in a Burger King parking lot and waited for him to wake up. I find it funny what I will do to be sure he doesn't wake up. So he woke up, we went through the drive thru and home we went.
the drive got me thinking. wouldn't it be great if Sabarros had a drive thru? I mean, drive thrus are SO MUCH easier with a kid and I am sick of taco bell, mcdonalds, and burger king. (please note i do eat at home, but WHEN i do get out...). I need a subway, or panera, or a potbelly drive thru... that would be great.
anyway, what's a blogpost without pictures of the little (not so little anymore) guy

waiting at the doctors. obviously has no idea what's coming...


first time in the front of the cart at the grocery store!
No comments:
Post a Comment