Tuesday, September 27, 2011

i love squash.


love love love it. i bought some at the grocery store to try this recipe i saw on pintrest, but then changed my mind because I just wanted to cook it on the stove rather than in the oven so I just made up the 'recipe' as I was going and boy was it aaaaamazing. Seriously I would make a ton of it just to eat alone. So easy, simple, and other people have probably done it, but if you're interested here it is:

You Need:
  • 4 Squash (or 2 squash 2 zucchini...whatever you like)
  • 1/2 to a whole pack whole Mushrooms
  • 2-3 tbsp chopped Green Onions
  • 2-3 tsp Garlic Powder
  • Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Pam/cooking spray

To Do:
  • Cut Squash and Mushrooms into half moon shaped slices
  • Spray Frying Pan with Pam, heat on medium/medium high
  • Add Squash and cook until they begin to get soft, using juices from squash instead of butter/oil
  • Add Green Onions and Mushrooms, mix well
  • Add Garlic Powder once Squash and Mushrooms are pretty soft, mix well
  • Add Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Continue to cook/mix until soft and falling apart
  • Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top

Some Notes:
  • I like to use 2 yellow squash and 2 green squash although you could do any combination
  • I only had 1/3 a pack of mushrooms but wish I had more, even a whole pack - but i LOVE mushrooms
  • I just cut up some green onions and really have no idea how many tbsp, so that's a rough estimate
  • I used 2 tsp of garlic powder but bet it would be good with 3
  • I mixed the cheese in the pan but wouldn't recommend that as it pretty much all stuck to the spoon i was using. So just put it on after you serve it.
I served it with a chili lime/pineapple chicken (of course the shadow is over the squash...sorry):


Seriously, it was so good

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Can you also post the recipe for the pineapple chicken (if it was good) please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i posted it for you :) although as you will see it isn't really a "recipe" hahah. my mother-in-law loved it though!

    ReplyDelete