Monday, July 18, 2011

My little man is 3 (months)!


You really are all boy Ben, and I love it. Look at the little man you are becoming. Your light brown/blonde/red hair is awesome and totally unexpected. You have your mom's super pale skin (sorry about that...you can get a tan if you work REALLY hard at it...). I think you're looking a bit more like me every day and I love it. You of course definitely resemble your dad as well. Particularly those cute dimples :) We don't have any more recent weight measurements because we actually haven't been to the doctor in two weeks! A record!

What is new with you? Hmmm, all you want to do is sit up. If you are in my arms, you want to sit, sit, sit. I think a lot of that of course has to do with your reflux. It will be really nice when you can sit up on your own because I have to hold you... a lot...straight up. I love holding you, but don't expect clean laundry.

Reflux update: You are now officially only on Prevacid, and we recently increased your dose. It seems to be helping a bit. You can still be difficult to feed, and I still think you should be eating more than you are, but you are eating, and it isn't as horrendous as it has been. You definitely still have the uncomfortable pieces of reflux with spit up, coughing, the works. I know most of the time you cry it's because of the reflux. I can't wait for this to go away. We do have an appointment with a GI specialist... too bad their earliest appointment is on August 23rd. Let's just hope you're all better by then!

What else is new? Well, as seen below your facial expressions sure have increased. You make some of the funniest faces. You play with your tongue a lot and are continuing to be obsessed with your hands. You love to suck on them and sometimes you manage to get only your thumb in there. I managed to catch one of your new expressions.
I also think you are really starting to know and love me as mommy. It's my favorite thing (although I know when you ONLY want me... it won't be my favorite thing anymore). However, we recently had a complete stranger come over. She looked at you, smiled, talked sweetly, and you just looked back and started crying...then buried your head in my shoulder/chest. It was fantastic. I felt kind of bad for the lady, sure. But really I was thinking "Yes! He isn't just going to smile and go to anyone. He loves me NOT you!". Evil? maybe. But it really made me happy.

Hmmm. The last new thing? You can see below. Ben reads now. I know, he is just miles ahead developmentally. No big deal ;)

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha that cracks me up about the woman who made Ben cry and he buried his face into you.....hahaha love it!

    ReplyDelete