Tuesday, January 26, 2010

wake up in the morning feeling like p diddy

i've been recently on the search for some new music since i got a itunes gift card for christmas. i have about an hour commute to and from work everyday. an hour on a good day. so minimum i spend 2 hours in the car a day. needless to say i go through music like it's no one's business.  so again, looking for music. perusing itunes and would just like to point out some of the lyrics of some of the "top 10 artists"...


1. Kei$ha. well. one thing is that i did not know spelling your name with a $ was still "in". apparently it is. i also actually 'found' her CD downloaded from itunes on my computer, and well, i didn't buy it... leaving one other person who could have purchased "Animal"... i won't name names to prevent embarrassment.. but apparently it makes good work out music, and we all know i don't work out.
    Now, i am going to admit. i really do love her song "tik tok" it's catchy and has some funny lyrics... however, some of her other songs include the following lyrics:


D-I-N-O-S-A-U-R, You are a dinosaur 
D-I-N-O-S-A-U-R, You are a dinosaur 
O-L-D M-A-N, Your just an old man 
Hitting on me what? 
You need a cat scan" 
 


bahahaha. really?!?!


2. Imma Be. if you've heard this song you know exactly what i'm talking about. here are the first two paragraphs of lyrics:


Imma be, imma be - imma imma imma be
Imma be, imma be - imma imma imma be
Imma be, imma be - imma imma imma be
Imma be be be be imma imma be
Imma be be be be imma imma be
Imma be be be be imma imma be



no really. im serious. 


3. Carry Out. i really don't know how these songs are such big hits:


Take my order 'cause your body is like a carry out


huh?


4. Baby. isn't this guy like 12? ok fine 15 years old?!? and he's singing this:


And I'm gonn' play it cool 
While I'm losin you
I'll buy you anything
I'll buy you any ring

Cause I'm in pieces
Baby fix me



how believable is that? about as believable as saying the Bachelor Jake is not a big 'ole cry baby.


okay. i'll stop. it has just recently seriously amused me at the lyrics we all subject ourselves to on a daily basis if we listen to the "hit" music station. to be honest, i haven't really heard most of the above songs more than once, so hey, maybe the "music" is good, but the lyrics are killing me. 


on the music related notes... i need to get back to american idol... 


Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack 
'Cause when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back
 



...and i have no idea what p diddy feels like when he wakes up in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. "Call me Mr. Flinstone, I can make your bedrock.".....yeah. I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete