Sunday, November 18, 2012

ipsy glambags

soooo... have you heard of ipsy?  if not, i highly suggest looking into it. it's pretty fun if you're into trying new makeup once a month. even more fun if you love getting sparkly, pink packages in the mail "unexpectedly".  i say unexpectedly because although they come once a month, typically toward the end of the month, i forget about them and then "wa-la" i walk out to the mailbox and there is some fun stuff to try!

my plan was to try to review each 'glambag'/product monthly when I got them/used them. But sheesh, where is the time in this world? because mine goes somewhere never to return and stuff just does not get done. so here i am... finally getting around to letting ya'll know about the products i received in my october and november ipsy glambags...

October




  • Striped Makeup Bag - Each week they send the makeup in a cute little cosmetic bag. These can cost up to $10 even at Target! What a deal, and cute. I've used them several times already
  • Pequi Oil Treatment - This is said to restore softness and shine to your hair. I actually haven't used this because I am nervous it will weigh down my already flat hair! But if I decide to try it, and like it, I'll let you know
  • Onyx Bombshell Eyeliner (black) - This is almost like a sharpie marker of black eyeliner. It makes a thick, dramatic line. Easy to use, and boy does it last.  If you're looking for a dramatic look... look no further.
  • The Balm "What's Your Type" Black Mascara - I personally wasn't a huge fan. It is probably the small brush and not necessarily the mascara, but it was clumpy and didn't work for me
  • Mirenesse Lip Bomb #4 - This is BRIGHT. It is a full, saturated color.  It is also a lip stain, and it stains. It will color your lips for awhile. After I put it on the first time and was shocked at the bright, boldness of it, I wasn't able to easily get it off. Which is good for dinner parties, etc. So while I wouldn't necessarily choose this color, I like the product and would love some in a nude color.
  • Costal Scents Eyeshadow  (Antique Lilac, Wisteria, Lemon Chiffon, Raspberry Tart) - Nice eye shadow, although fairly springy colors that I wouldn't use for the month I received it in. But I will likely use them more in the spring/summer.



November

  • Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie (Dare Devil) - I LOVE this gloss. LOVE IT.  It isn't as dark or saturated as it looks in the picture/bottle.  It's nice and light, with a really pretty color. I would recommend this, and buy it myself.
  • Nailtini - How fun does this polish look? I love it. So fun for upcoming holidays
  • Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel - I have always wanted to try this stuff, and this brand worked great. Didn't look greasy or wet. Went on nicely, overall great!
  • Starlet Eyeliner (Chocolate) - The eyeliner is great. Went on smoothly, but the color was lighter than I anticipated for chocolate. 
  • The Balm "Meet Matte" Eyeshadow (Matt Batali) - Pretty. Nice. Darker than I usually use, but will get use on those rare party date nights.
  • Dark Chocolate Makeup Bag - Love it. 

So there you go. Overall, I liked the November bag better than the October. What is also neat is that people are sent slightly different bags each month. Whether it be different colors of the shadows or glosses or a mascara instead of a liner, etc. 

I think every girl should do this. It's such a fun way to have a little 'me time' and a once a month 'present' to yourself!

2 comments:

  1. I've been subbing almost a year and I love it! we got the same thing both months :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the nude color of the Lip Bomb that you got though in yours.. I was a bit jealous :)

      Delete