Thursday, February 28, 2013

Quiche

I love this stuff. It is something I never make because I never think "hey, let's make quiche.  To be honest I don't know what caused me to think about making it the other night. But I am glad I did. I will hopefully remember to put it into the rotation a bit more often. The wonderful thing about quiche is it can be made with so many different ingredients it almost never gets old!  Of course it can be a lot of cheese and eggs... and we need to watch that cholesterol sometimes!


but here is the recipe I made the other night.  I'll call it Bacon, Pepper and Onion Quiche... because well that's what was in it. It was so good. But remember you can add whatever ingredients you wish (mushrooms, tomatoes, ham, different types of cheeses, etc. etc.)!


Bacon, Pepper and Onion Quiche

You Need:
  • 1 deep dish pie crust
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 to 1 1/2 peppers, chopped
  • 3-4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 14 tsp dry mustard
  • butter or oil
  • pepper
  • thyme
  • paprika

To Do:
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Saute onion, peppers, and bacon with some pepper and thyme in butter or oil
  • Cover bottom of pie crust with cheese
  • Cover the cheese with the sautéed ingredients
  • In a separate bowl, create a custard by beating together eggs, milk, flour, salt, and dry mustard
  • Pour custard over the cheese/sauteed ingredients in the pie crust. Should fill to top
  • Sprinkle top with paprika
  • Cook for 50-60 minutes, or until solid in center when jiggled. ha. jiggled, funny word.

No comments:

Post a Comment