Wednesday, February 27, 2013

fashion blog?

no. not really. but here are some pictures of me attempting to show ya'll things i like... so please forgive the embarrassing awkwardness of these pictures.

first, a (fairly) easy up-do

it's hard to try to take a picture of your hair with a toddler constantly pushing your legs to tell you the direction in which he wishes you go. but this is what we have to work with.

so it's a combination sock bun + twist.

Basically you part your hair with a deep part and divide off a section of your hair for the twist.  Pull it out of the way/clip it out of the way for now.  Then, with the rest of your hair, complete a sock bun.  (This is the "fairly" easy part. For people with long hair a sock bun is a lot easier, I have a lot of layers and not super long hair so it can take me a couple tries to get it right. This one took 1 time though because I was heading out the door...) After the sock bun is done take the front piece you separated and begin this twist from the top of your head all the way down to the back of your neck where you will pin the end of the twist into the sock bun.  The end? I guess, it's fairly easy. Just a combo of these two tutorials :)

second, a makeup free accessory

ever since having little man i have been makeup free a lot. A LOT. well, i'm not a huge fan of my makeup-free face so any sort of accessories to 'distract' from it is always a plus. I found these at target for cheap awhile ago. They are so funky and nerdy but great and fun for the 'no makeup, running out the house to the grocery store' look.

alright. that's it for now. up next a really good Quiche recipe. yea, nothing to do with fashion :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the hair and the glasses! Super cute, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I wish I had your photog talent so these pics weren't so ridiculous :)

      Delete
  2. I so wish my hair was long enough for a bun! You look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been so tempted to cut it off but I am not brave enough/don't know if I can pull the short look off- you do it SO well

      Delete