This year (thanks Kemper!), I was able to go see Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God tour. It was amazing, and I think everyone should also go see it if they can. Both Jill Phillips & Andy Gullahorn were there and sang a couple of their songs off the Christmas CD, one being what I consider "The Best Christmas Song EVER".
It's not "christmasy" in the common sense of the word, but listen to it and read the words... It is everything that is Christmas. We were lost, and the Lord found a way to us. Amen.
I Will Find A Way
(Jason Gray / Andy Gullahorn)
(Jason Gray / Andy Gullahorn)
At the end of this run down tenement hall
Is the room of a girl I know
She cowers behind all the dead bolt locks
Afraid of the outside world
Is the room of a girl I know
She cowers behind all the dead bolt locks
Afraid of the outside world
So how should I come to the one I love?
I will find a way
I will find a way
Many thieves and collectors have used that door
But they only brought her shame
So she won’t even open it anymore
Still I will find a way
But they only brought her shame
So she won’t even open it anymore
Still I will find a way
I could call out her name with love through the walls
But condemnation is all she hears
I could break down the door and take her into my arms
But she might die from the fear
But condemnation is all she hears
I could break down the door and take her into my arms
But she might die from the fear
So how should I come to the one I love?
I will find a way, I will find a way
How should I come to the one I love?
I will find a way
I will find a way, I will find a way
How should I come to the one I love?
I will find a way
No hiding place ever kept her safe
So she hides inside herself
Now to reach her heart the only way
Is to hide in there as well
I will hide in there as well
So she hides inside herself
Now to reach her heart the only way
Is to hide in there as well
I will hide in there as well
She gave up on love waiting for a change
But a change is coming soon
Cause how could she not love the helpless babe
That is waking in her womb?
But a change is coming soon
Cause how could she not love the helpless babe
That is waking in her womb?
Oh, I found way, I found a way…
She’ll know I am coming before I am here
When she hangs her head she’ll see me there
And then when I come she will not turn away
All the beauty and joy will return to her face
And what of the loneliness? Now it is gone
Lost in the bond of a mother and son
Every sin that she suffered at the hands of men
Every single disgrace will be washed clean again
I will love her completely and when I am grown
I will carry her out of that tenement room
I am doing a new thing and soon you will see
I am coming among you and my name shall be
Emmanuel, Emmanuel
When she hangs her head she’ll see me there
And then when I come she will not turn away
All the beauty and joy will return to her face
And what of the loneliness? Now it is gone
Lost in the bond of a mother and son
Every sin that she suffered at the hands of men
Every single disgrace will be washed clean again
I will love her completely and when I am grown
I will carry her out of that tenement room
I am doing a new thing and soon you will see
I am coming among you and my name shall be
Emmanuel, Emmanuel
No comments:
Post a Comment