Thursday, June 24, 2010

la la la

everyone has been asking me to give my thoughts on the new miley cyrus cd. hahahhaha. good one right? well maybe no one has asked but i will share what i think anyway.

to preface this.. i love pop music, particularly teeny bop pop. so i have loved miley for awhile now. i love selena gomez, etc. i do like a lot of other music too, but this is def a fav to rock out to. if you don't know that about me. you don't know me that well... and don't let that scare you off :)

i have had about a week to listen to her latest CD and i like it...b/c i just can't help it...

so without further ado.. as i know you are waiting on pins and needles...

Below is a list of the song in the order of my favorite to least favorite:

Can’t Be Tamed: This is the best song on the CD. You've probably heard it. It's fun, it's catchy, it has some girl power lyrics.

Stay: I am a big lyrics girl. I love lyrics and usually will like a song because of the lyrics over anything else. I think this is a sweet song, and has a good melody. I like to sing along to it. I don't like how she mumbles at the beginning and end though...

Two More Lonely People: This song is a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. I like it, but it sounds really different than most of the other songs on the CD

Who Owns My Heart: I love the beat of this song and it's super catchy

Scars: I like the chorus of this song… but scars sound like stars. This is "typical" miley. typical as in, sounds similar to tracks on her first CD "Breakout"

My Heart Beats for Love: I at first thought this song was too cliché, which, it is pretty cliche, however it grew on me. It is a song about fighting for love, and i like that.

from here down.. for the most part i think these are all on the same level.

Take Me Along: At first this was one of my favorites, not sure why it's gone down on the list... maybe because it sounds a bit whiney to me.

Liberty Walk: catchy. but not many words. and she says s***. which just is unnecessary. i guess that's her not being tamed.. although it is edited... it's more like shhhh....

Robot: this song seems hateful towards disney. talking about telling her to do this and that and "hit her mark"... so what. disney MADE miley. she owes them. stop hating.

Permanent December: Super fun song, but pretty cheesy. and she seems to be very auto-tuned.. however. let's be honest. i can't sing. but i would totally be auto tuned to sing and have a CD. then i would lip sync... so what.

Forgiveness and Love: the message is probably good. i dont know, i can't get through this song. its like a modern version of "kumbaya"

Every Rose has it’s Thorn: It's not her song, i like the song, and she does a good job. but it doesn't compare to the original.


so for all of you thinking of purchasing this CD there are my two cents. its hard to say if i'd recommend it. i like it. but i like miley. and im almost 26...



No comments:

Post a Comment