Thursday, June 14, 2012

hola y adios

the story of mexico.

of course it began with me crying the night before about leaving and missing Ben. But that was only one out of two times the entire week. So I think I did pretty well if I do say so myself.

we flew out at 9am and arrived in Cancun around 11:30am at the Valentin Imperial Maya Resort around 1pm. We were greeted with cold, wet towels to cool off with and the choice of champagne or beer. (gross ha).
Our first room was on the 2nd floor with a view of one of the pools. It was nice, but I don't even remember what it looks like because we were only there one night. Why? Ohhh well long story short the ridiculously, loud, drunk people next door woke us up at 2:30am with their screaming. So the next day we visited the concierge and upgraded to a first floor ocean front room. Yay. Seconds from the beach and the main pool (aka the vomit free pool). After getting settled again, we felt like our vacation finally started.

The grounds were beautiful, and large. It was nice to have decent walks to get places. Made me feel healthier hah.  The grounds reminded me of a rainforest with all the species running around the ridiculous humidity.

We spent our days out on the beach for the most part. A couple times at the pool, but the beach had a nice breeze to take away the humidity.  We simply relaxed, read books, and just enjoyed not having any responsibilities.

We had breakfast and lunch at the same restaurant right on the beach. I had a salad everyday because nothing else seemed super appetizing at an outdoor buffet.  I really missed sandwiches, chips and Dr. Pepper.  However they did good with the Coke :)   Dinner was a variety between Italian, Japanese Steakhouse, Indonesian, Seafood, Steak, and French.


The moments we weren't on the beach or eating we were playing pool or hanging out on the plaza.

My favorite thing about the resort were the animals they carried around the pool and beach for people to take pictures with.  I didn't know they did it every day but once I figured it out, I stalked them down so I was sure to get a chance. I loved it.


Unfortunately Joey got a bit sick for about a day and a half so had to stay in the room and not eat all that time. I still did my tanning/reading and checked on him throughout the day. Then I got room service dinner and that was good too.


Overall, really fun 5 year anniversary. A week was perfect because boy was I ready to see Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment