Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy 1 Month!


Ben is 1 month old today! I can tell that he is getting bigger...and older. He isn't sleeping as much during the day as he used to and is more alert. He likes to just lay on his back and look around kicking his legs and moving his arms around. This is how we "play". He is also getting heavier. He has graduated out of newborn clothes and newborn diapers. His first monkey swaddle blanket is now too small for him and he's a little piggy with his eating. He also goes a bit longer at night between feedings so I can get
maybe a straight 3 hours of sleep! (i think this has happened once... but still!)

Ben is really a good baby. He fusses, of course, but overall he is great, sweet child :) I think he has a bit of reflux which can make feedings and right after feedings a bit...unpleasant and lengthy. We don't get to go back to the pediatrician for weight/measurements (and shots) until June 7th. While I really am dreading the shot part, I can't wait to see how much he's grown.

Max is adjusting well too. He was a very spoiled little dog...our first baby really, so it has been an adjustment for him for sure. But he is very well behaved with Ben and every once and awhile tries to give him kisses. They "hung out" yesterday.

This month has definitely been really challenging. I couldn't have done it without all the help I received. Especially from my mom for the first 10 or so days. She truly was a lifesaver. She has so much knowledge and experience with newborns and I had a rough recovery. She took care of me and Ben so well during that time. I really am truly blessed to have her as my mom and have a new perspective and thankfulness for her as my mother... because apparently I had colic. I am so sorry mom. But look at me now, I was so worth it... right? ;)

While challenging, I love this little boy more than anything. I cannot imagine anything happening to him. He is precious and innocent and sweet even when he is crying and being a little "difficult". I couldn't love him more. I am so thankful for him. He is a blessing from the Lord. (I try to remind myself that in the middle of the night during the fussing :) ).

Welp, that's good for now. I really can't wait to see Ben grow and become more and more interactive with me in the coming days, weeks, and months.
p.s. i literally took 40 (no lie), 40 of these 1 month pictures.

Ben's thoughts:

2 comments: