so for the past 4 or 5 months i've been thinking that it would be pretty cool to get a nose ring. not sure why... maybe because it is my small way of being a rebel since i am anything but. however, the more i thought about it the more i thought i would never be able to sit and let someone poke a needle through my nose. i still liked the idea of the ring, but convinced myself that i would run away if the needle got so close to my face... i still wanted it, but it wasn't in the plans.
so erin, one of my friends who i play soccer with, told me that she's been wanting one forever and was thinking of getting it for her 23rd birthday. so her husband, katie, and I all went with her as moral support and i was able to see it done. She did a bunch of research for the best place to go around us and we ended up at Insane Ink in Leesburg, VA. it was nice and not that expensive.
we all were able to be in the room with her when she was getting it done. the woman who did the piercing was super nice and great in explaining everything. she told erin to take a deep breath and breath out right when she did the piercing. erin just sat there, not tears and only a little blood- which was normal. she said "oh, that didn't hurt at all".
so after seeing that non-dramatic, easy piercing i thought- heck I can do that! no big deal. so after about 5 min of thinking if I should do it- i signed the papers and got in the chair. i was nervous, but not too bad- although apparently i was trembling a bit. she said breath in and out. i did and IT FLIPPIN' HURT. IT HURT BADLY. The second after it was done i was like "ERIN IT DOES HURT". I am not sure if we have that different pain tolerances, but i also thought that after my tattoo i could handle almost anything. welp.... after my tattoo i passed out.
i told the lady that before i got pierced, that after my tattoo i passed out- i didn't think it hurt that badly, but that was my body's reaction. well. my body just loves to react bc about 4 min after my nose piercing i felt horribly nauseous and passed out. as i was in the middle of passing out, they stuck the salt things that wake you up in my nose which REAKED and i threw up... into the trash can erin was holding for me- HA.
the woman was really sweet and understanding and said that it was nothing, she's seen way worse... like someone peeing themselves. that made me feel better.. and then i passed out/threw up again. apparently, she said, it comes in 2 waves- ugh. i then went over and laid down and 5 min later felt a lot better.
the entire time i was feeling horrible/throwing up i kept thinking "ugh, rewind, i wish i didn't do this- i feel HORRIBLE"... but now I LOVE IT. i looooove the piercing. it is so fun and "rebellious" ok- for me at least. here is a pic of Erin and I
(you can barely see the nose rings...)... and remember people if Erin says something doesn't hurt. it probably does- A LOT. hah JK i love you Erin :) you caused me to get the ring and i <3>
Haha, that made me laugh! I was the same with Rachel when I got my tattoo. She was like, "yeah, it hurts, but its not so bad that you want it to stop" And then I'm on the table and the needle is DIGGING into my ribs and I just looked at her and said, "You lie. I want it to stop NOW!." I can't wait to see it! Nose piercings are so fun and you have a cute nose so I'm sure it looks great!
ReplyDeletehahahah i love it though - your tattoo is awesome! but yea. the ribs?yikes. i would love to see it in person soon!
ReplyDelete